The NRA Basic Pistol Course introduces students to the KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ATTITUDE necessary for owning and using a pistol safely. Throughout this eight (8) hour course, the student(s) will learn about pistol parts and operation, ammunition, gun safety, pistol shooting fundamentals, and pistol shooting activities. The Basic Pistol Course will also help prepare the student for participation in other NRA courses. The course is intended for all adults regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation.
Details: The topics in the course include: gun safety rules, proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, ammunition knowledge and selection, selecting and storing a pistol, the fundamentals of shooting, and pistol inspection and maintenance. During this course, an NRA Certified Instructor will validate comprehension and application of gun safety rules; range protocol; proper handling; loading and unloading procedures; application of pistol shooting fundamentals; stable shooting positions; live fire; and a final shooting qualification.
- Your favorite pistol: Feel free to bring your revolver and/or your semi-automatic.
- One hundred (100) rounds of ammunition for your revolver and/or semi-automatic.
- Shooting glasses, hearing protection and a baseball cap.
- Pistol cleaning kit.
- A student must not have been convicted of any felony or family violence offense.
- A student must not have any felony or family violence charges pending.
- Students must be legally eligible to possess and transport a firearm.