American Heart Association
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (CPR/AED)
Initial Provider and Renewal Courses
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals (HCP), first responders, educational personnel, and lay persons the ability to recognize life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, proper use of an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely, and effective manner.
The BLS for Healthcare Providers Course instruction provides detailed information regarding the following:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
Attendees will participate in simulated scenarios and learning stations, while working closely with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Attendees are also required to complete and pass a written exam. Upon successful completion of skills testing and passing the written exam, attendees will be issued an AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card which is valid for two years.
The approximate time required to complete the Initial Provider Course is about 4 1/2 hours, which includes skills practice, skills testing, and completion of the written examination. The approximate time required to complete the Renewal Course is about 2 1/2 hours, which includes skills practice, skills testing, and completion of the written examination. Training times are customized to meet the specific needs of the individual class attendees.
For additional information regarding our services, training costs, or registering for a training course, please feel free to contact us at via phone at (469) 608-0431 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.